We've made it easy to upload your student roster list!
By uploading your student/parent roster you can easily:
- Promote your book
- Allow parents and students to capture their memories and customize their pages
- Send updates and reminders to the community
Here is a quick link to the roster template
Please note that the following fields are required for uploading the roster:
- Student Grade
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
When entering parent information in the template, you must enter the parent name AND the parent email address. If entering 2 parents for one student, Parent #1 and Parent #2 cannot have the same email address.
1. Log in and select People/Orders.
2. Select Add Student(s) while in the Students & Parents list.
3. Select Upload Roster Spreadsheet.
4. Select Download Template and Continue if you do not have the TreeRing Roster List Template.
5. Review and confirm that all students you are adding with their email addresses are either at least 13 years of age, or you have a signed parental consent form. This is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act - for more information to go www.coppa.org.
6. Save the Roster Spreadsheet on your computer and then enter your student information into the template. If you already have a spreadsheet with your roster information, simply copy and paste the information into the associated fields on the TreeRing template.
7. Once your list is completed, click Select File To Upload. Note that invitation emails are automatically sent to all users when a new account is created. You may disable this setting on this screen.
8. Stand by by while TreeRing uploads your student roster list.
9. Once the process is complete, you will see a status summary at the bottom of the import window.
10. If there was an error in your file, you will see the error details on your status screen. Records with errors will not be imported and will have to be corrected. If you receive an error directing you to contact Customer Support, please verify that your file has been saved as a .csv file instead of a .xlsx file. TreeRing requires the file to be in .csv format.
11. Once you have completed the roster upload process, you will now see all the students added to the community. Please note that duplicate students will only be created if the data on the template does not match the student information already entered in the Students & Parents list.
A summary of your import activities and errors will automatically be emailed to you at the end of the process.