Photos can be used as backgrounds for single pages, page spreads, and the cover. The quality of the photo will determine how it will look as a background. If possible, make sure the photo has the following dimensions so you don't get the yellow triangle warning you that the photo may not print well.
Pixel Dimensions for 8.5" x 11" size books
One page - photo dimensions of 8.75 x 11.25 inches OR 2625 x 3375 pixels (includes bleed area)
Page spread - photo dimensions of 17.25 x 11.25 inches OR 5250 x 3375 pixels (includes bleed area)
1. Log in and select Yearbook.
2. Select the page spread that needs the background change.
3. Click on the Background tab.
4. You can choose which pages should have the photo as the background: Both, Left, or Right. You have 5 options for the background: Border, Color, Pattern, Photo, and Template. Select Photo.
5. Select Where Your Photos Are.
6. When you select the photo from your source it will cover the page(s). You can zoom the photo, or fade the photo out by adjusting the Visibility. Move the photo by clicking Adjust.