As you are working on your book, you may come across wanting to add vertical text to a page. Here are the easy steps to make that happen:
Adding vertical text with letters reading sideways:
Adding your text sideways to page as pictured above, is done by following these simple steps:
1. Add a blank text box or drag and drop one of the pre-designed text graphics onto your page.
Type in the text and customize your text via the option tools at the bottom of the text box
2. Once you've added your text, drag and drop the text box to the location you wish for it to be. You can turn the entire text box sideways by using the curved arrow, when hovering over any corner of the text box
3. To help line your text up, you can turn the grid on which will make it easier in dragging your text into a straight position. You can enable the grid via the icon in the top right corner of the page
Next we will go over adding your text in a vertical position, but keeping the letters upright. This will take a little more work, but the steps are quiet simple:
Adding text with letters reading downwards:
1. First, you'll need to add your text Box and enter your Text
2. The next step is where you will be moving the letters downward. Once you've added your text, simply click between the letters and hit 'Enter' on your keyboard to move the letter to the next line below. You will need to do this for each letter.
(Please note, your Text box may bleed off the page as you are making these changes, but once completed, you can adjust and move your text box back onto your page, by dragging and dropping)
3. Now that you've moved all of your letters down, the text box will need to be adjusted to allow you to move your text without the text box bleeding off the page. You can adjust the size of your text box by dragging in the corners or sides via the small white squares located on each corner and side of your text box.
4. After you've adjusted the size of your Text box, you can move it to any location of your page by dragging and dropping.