Building your yearbook team is important and it's easy to add new editors to your team.
1. Log in and select Editor Tools.
2. Select People and Yearbook Team.
3. Select Add Team Member.
4. Enter the person's email address and select Search.
5. If the person is not currently in the school community, you will need to select the Team Role and the School Role for them. For Parents, Teachers, Administration or Others, you will only need to enter their First and Last Name. For Students, you will need to enter their First Name, Last Name, and select their Grade and Teacher. The box will need to be checked showing that the student is 13 or older or that you have a signed parent consent form. Select Save.
An invitation will be sent to the person so they can activate their account and join the Yearbook Team.
6. If the person is currently in the school community, their name will show as User Found. Select their Yearbook Team Role. Select Save.
Here are the Yearbook Team Roles:
Primary Chief Editor: A single Chief Editor who is the first point of contact for TreeRing. We will contact this person if there is an issue to be discussed.
Chief Editor: Point person(s) in charge of everything (book details, yearbook creation, community management, orders, etc.) Chief Editors have access to all 5 tabs: Dashboard, People/Orders, Checklist, Photos, Yearbook. Since a Chief Editor has access to everything the person should be an adult.
All Chief Editors can create All Community Shared Photo Folders and Editors Only Photo Folders. They can also delete these folders.
Staff Editor: Staff editors only have access to editing the book. They do not have access to managing the community, orders, book settings, adding pages, etc. Staff editors by default can edit ANY page unless Assign Pages is turned on. Then they can only edit the pages they are assigned. This role is great for students.
All Staff Editors can create All Community Shared Photo Folders and Editors Only Photo Folders. They CANNOT delete these folders.
Restricted Staff Editor: Same as a Staff Editor except they are only allowed to add content to the pages. They can type into existing text boxes and drag and drop onto existing photo boxes. This is ideal for young students or when Chief Editors want to really control the exact layout of the book.
All Restricted Staff Editors can create All Community Shared Photo Folders and Editors Only Photo Folders. They CANNOT delete these folders.