1. Log in and select Yearbook.
2. Select #4 Auto-Portraits.
3. Select Download Auto Portrait Importer.
4. Select Download Auto Portrait Importer button on this screen.
5. Welcome to the Installer. Select Continue.
6. Select a Destination for the download on your computer and select Continue.
7. Installation Type should be a standard installation. Select Install.
8. Enter your computer login User Name and Password. Select Install Software.
Note: On certain versions of Mac OS you need Administration rights on your computer to install.
9. The installation was successful. Select Close.
10. You do not need to keep the Installer and can Move to Trash if you want.
11. Once the Importer is downloaded you need to install and run it. You can locate the TRImporter file in Finder>Applications. Click on the file to begin the installation process.
Note: This process will work on all browsers. If the program will not download from the TreeRing site and you are on a school computer and network, check with your I.T. department to have them assist you. This may be due to security settings with your school's network. Here are system requirements for using TreeRing:
12. Sign in using your TreeRing user email and password.
13. Welcome to TreeRing Portrait Importer. From the dropdowns select your school and the school year. Select Get Started.
14. Insert the portrait CD into your computer and select Locate Index.txt.
Note: The CD must be PSPA formatted by your school photographer. If it is not, the CD will not work with TreeRing's Portrait Importer.
15. Navigate to the CD/DVD Drive on your computer and find the Index file. Double click on it or select Open.
16. Select how you would like your portraits to be organized: None, Grade, or Teacher. Select Next.
Note: If you choose None or the photographer CD does not include data for the grouping you select, your portraits will be uploaded into a single selection and will not be sorted by grade or teacher.
17. Your portraits will begin importing. The Importer will show you the progress of the import. Once complete, select Finish and sign into your TreeRing account.
18. After signing in, select #4 Auto-Portraits to view and manage your portrait sections.