Creating custom pages just got easier with a new automatic process which will build the pages for you. This is a two-step process to simply add photos and memories to your child's custom pages. This can be done when logging into your TreeRing account on your computer or when using a browser on a mobile device.
Log in and click on Build Custom Pages.
Step 1 is Add Photos. You will be able to drag and drop your photos or select photos from your various photo sources:
- Google Drive
- Google Photos
- My Computer
- My Photos
- My Likes
- Shared Photos
Step 2 is Add Memories. Select the memories that you want to answer. There are lots of memories but you do not have to answer all of them. (Only select the ones that you want to answer.)
1. The photos you have chosen from your photo source will show in the selection tray. They will be automatically checked.
2. You can remove photos from the selection tray before you begin the auto build process by clicking on the photo. If you are sure you want to remove the photo, select I'm Sure.
3. All of the photos in the selection tray will be added to your child's custom pages. Select Next if you want to continue with the auto building of your custom pages.
Note: The photos in the selection tray are not uploaded to TreeRing. They will be uploaded when they are added to the custom pages.
1. The memories you answer will show in the selection tray. You can remove memories from the selection tray before you begin the auto build process by clicking on the memory. If you are sure you want to remove the memory, select I'm Sure.
2. Memories can be sorted by Unanswered and Answered.
3. All of the memories in the selection tray will be added to your child's custom pages. Select Build Pages if you want to continue with the auto building of your custom pages.
Building the Custom Pages
The number of custom pages automatically created is based on the number of photos and memories you have selected for placement on the pages. You will be taken to view the custom pages and see where the photos and memories have been placed. Each page can have 6 photos and/or memories which means that you can have 12 items for your 2 free custom pages. If you have selected more than 12 items, more custom pages will be created. The photos and memories will be evenly spaced on all custom pages.
Custom Pages View
This page is very important! On this page you can:
- Confirm your child's name and school
- See the deadline date for completing the custom pages
- Disable custom pages
- Edit the custom pages
- Add more pages to edit
- Buy the book and pay for extra custom pages
- Go back to your homepage
Editing the pages
Custom pages created automatically can be manually edited. Click on the page spread and you can:
- add a background
- resize, move, or delete photos
- resize, move, or delete memories
- add graphics
- add text
If you do not want to have the custom pages built automatically you can manually create them.
1. Click on Try the Page Editor for advanced editing.
2. If you added photos during the auto build process they will be removed. Select I'm Sure.
You can start the auto build process again by selecting Build Pages on your homepage if you decide at a later time that you want to use it. If you have built the custom pages but want to start over with the process, just delete the pages. You will not see the same photos you previously added to the selection tray so you will need to add photos again. You will see your previously created Memories.
- You will NOT need to set the custom pages to print ready. If you have edited the 2 free custom pages they will automatically print in your child's yearbook.
- You can disable the custom pages if you do not want to do them. If you have edited the 2 free custom pages but disabled them, they will not print in the yearbook.
- Make sure you are done editing the custom pages before the deadline set by the school. Partially created free custom pages will print in the yearbook.
Extra Custom Pages
Extra custom pages will only print in your child's yearbook if they have been purchased. If you do not pay for the extra custom pages only the 2 free custom pages will print in the book.
If you do not know if you have paid for the extra custom pages here is how you can tell:
- There will be a red ribbon in the upper right corner of the extra custom pages with $0.99 if the pages have not been purchased. This will change to a green check mark on the pages when they have been purchased.
- There will be a red exclamation under the page spread which says "These pages will not print in your yearbook until purchased".
Note: Once a custom page has been edited, the custom pages icon on your homepage will change to your first custom page spread. Clicking on Edit Custom Pages will take you directly to the Custom Pages View.